Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Will not last very long! Great for a sweet tooth.
Make and share this White Chocolate Mud Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 250 g butter
- 200 g white chocolate
- 200 ml water
- 354.88 ml caster sugar
- 414.03 ml plain flour
- 236.59 ml self-raising flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4.92 ml vanilla essence
- 125 g butter
- 125 g white chocolate, melted
- 177.44 ml icing sugar
- 14.79 ml thickened cream
- Heat butter, chocolate, water and sugar in a saucepan stirring until melted and well combined.
- Sift flours together into a bowl and blend in chocolate mixture, eggs and vanilla Pour into a greased and base lined 20cm round cake tin.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes until cooked when tested.
- To make icing cream butter, blend in remaining ingredients.
Chloe, this is delicious, more-ish, decadent and rich - what a treat!! I would recommend flouring the pan after greasing it, simply because the sides of the cake became too crusty for my liking. I also felt the temperature was a little too high as my cake started browning too early on the top - but every oven is different, so we must expect to make individual adjustments. I covered the cake loosely after about 40 minutes and turned the oven down a fraction, and that did the trick. I chose not to make the icing and simply dusted powdered sugar over the top, merely becuase I was terrified of the calorie count, already, without it!! Thanks for a super recipe Chloe.
Great Cake recipe but I have changed the icing and added a raspberry sauce to my recipe. Turned out amazing. Best eaten on the day and cannot be refrigerated for more than a couple of hours as it goes solid. TY Janelle
Made this last night after work and took it in for an early morning meeting. I replaced the water with mango nectar and added 200g of pulped mango flesh to the dry mix. Cooked at 160 C for about 1.5 hours. Again, icing sugar on top with some thin strips of dried mango. Nothing but positive feedback for your recipe.