White Chocolate Mud Cake With Frosting
photo by mortarandpestle
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
WHite Chocolate Mud cake
- 300 g white chocolate
- 200 g butter
- 250 ml milk
- 165 g caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 100 g self-rising flour
- 150 g plain flour
- 175 g white chocolate
- 250 g butter, softened
- 275 g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- Prehead oven to 160C (145C fan forced). Grease a 20cm square cake pan and line with paper.
- Place chocolate, butter, milk and sugar in a large saucepan over a low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat when chocolate and butter have melted, and stir mixture well until completely smooth. Allow mix to cool at room temp for 15 minutes.
- Add vanilla and eggs to chocolate mixture and stir until well combined.
- Sift flours together into a large bowl.
- Add 1 cup of the chocolate mixture slowly and stir until a paste forms. Repeat until chocolate mixture has all been mixed in . The gradual method of combining wet and dry ingredients helps prevent lumps.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake for about 70 minutes. When the cake is ready a skewer inserted into the cake should come out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
- To make the icing - beat the butter with an electric mixer until it becomes lighter and flufflier. Add the vanilla and then gradually add icing sugar. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or over a double boiler for 2-3 minutes, set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour chocolate into icing mixture and beat until well combined.
- Pipe or spread icing on the cake.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Participation.jpg> <br> <br><img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg> <br> <br><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket> <br> <br><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg> <br> <br>Having come from a house full of cooks (both parents ran a catering company) I have been around food all my life. <br> <br>I really love food.. both sweet and savoury but I primarily cook desserts. I cook everything from scratch and sell my cupcakes under my catering company Mortar & Pestle.