Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
An elegantly simple yet luscious cheesecake. Good with a variety of toppings or sauces (raspberry being our favorite) but our personal preference is to enjoy it "as is". Easily the best cheesecake I've ever eaten.
Top Review by Brwnsgr
I made this for a church potluck, and everyone absolutely loved it. I was informed by Marg that I was using the wrong pan for the cheesecake, so please when making this use the springform pan. It makes a world of difference!! Thanks for the recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons butter or 4 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 2 (6 ounce) packages white chocolate baking squares, melted,slightly cooled
Directions See How It's Made
- MIX crumbs, 4 1/2 Tbls.
- sugar and butter; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 12 minutes.
- MIX cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and 1 teaspoons vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended.
- Blend in melted chocolate.
- Pour over crust.
- BAKE at 325°F for 55 minutes to 1 hour or until center is almost set.
- Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Garnish, if desired, with chocolate shavings.
- Makes 12 servings.
- Variation: White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cheesecake: Stir 1 jar (3 1/2 oz.) macadamia nuts, chopped (about 3/4 cup), into batter.