Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A yummy white chocolate brownie recipe I came up with using things I had on hand. They are dense and chewy inside with a crunchy, glossy top. Sweet, but not tooooo sweet :) **I also made a version subbing pineapple for the blueberries, walnuts for the almonds, and rum for the vodka. **You could substitute any combination of fruits, nuts, and spirits. For example, sweet dark cherries, kirsch and almonds would be a nice Swiss twist.
- 1 1⁄2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla vodka (or amaretto liqueur)
- 2⁄3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries or 1⁄2 cup frozen blueberries, not defrosted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter 8-inch non-stick square baking pan.
- Stir 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips (I use ghiradelli premium white chocolate baking chips) in large heat-safe glass bowl set over saucepan of simmering water until melted and smooth, or use a microwave in 30 second increments. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Stir flour, spices and salt in small bowl to blend. Set aside. Using electric mixer beat sugar and butter in large bowl to blend. Mix in eggs, vanilla and almond extracts, and liqueur. Mix in melted white chocolate. Stir in flour mixture just until blended being careful not to overmix. Fold in white chocolate chips and almonds. Gently fold in blueberries just until distributed evenly. Transfer batter to greased pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake until top is golden and toothpick inserted into center comes out with moist crumbs attached, about 40 minutes if using fresh berries or 45 minutes if using frozen berries. Cool in pan.
- Cut into 16 squares and enjoy!