Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A yummy recipe for white chili. This is one of my adoptees from the Recipezaar account and I look forward to trying it.
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 1⁄2 lbs diced chicken breasts
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) packagefrozen white corn, , thawed
- 2 (8 ounce) cansdiced chilies (, mild)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 (30 ounce) cans great northern beans, undrained
- tortilla chips
- mozzarella cheese
- Combine water, lemon pepper and cumin seed in a large saucepan or stock pot and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken breast reduce heat and simmer until chicken is tender.
- Cook clove of garlic in a pan sprayed with pam cooking spray for about a minute.
- Add cumin, garlic, onions, corn, chiles, lime juice and beans.
- Simmer 15- 30 minutes.
- To serve, put tortilla chips in bottom of a bowl, cover with cheese and pour the chili on top.
Pretty good, and easy to make. As noted, good on a cold day.
I made this on a very cold night in Texas - and it instantly became our comfort food. The ease of making the recipe is also a great comfort in this cook's opinion. I made the recipe as called for only adding about 4 more ounces of green chili. It was wonderful.