Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a White Lily recipe - I really enjoy their website and the unique twists they put on recipes.
- 2 teaspoons light olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (5 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup white lily all-purpose flour
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth, reduced sodium
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked and diced chicken breasts
- 1 cup white lily self-rising flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In large skillet, cook onion in olive oil for 4 minutes or until onions are transparent.
- Add green chilies, cumin, salt, red pepper flakes and White Lily All-Purpose Flour. Stir for 2 minutes, or until thick and the flour has slightly browned. Add beans and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil. Simmer 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Add diced cooked chicken. Pour into 2-quart baking dish or 12-inch cast-iron skillet.
- Prepare cheese biscuit crust by combining White Lily Self-Rising Flour, cheese, milk and egg. Spread dough over chili. Bake 25 minutes or until biscuit crust is golden brown.