Chili Pot Pie
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean ground beef (at least 80%)
- 1 cup chopped onion (2 medium)
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper (1 medium)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (optional)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can flaky layers refrigerated biscuits (5 biscuits)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 oz)
- Heat oven to 375°F In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef and onions over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked. Drain.
- Stir in bell pepper, mushrooms, chili powder, beans, pizza sauce and soup. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a simmer. Spoon hot mixture into ungreased 2 1/2-quart casserole.
- Separate dough into 5 biscuits. Cut each in half crosswise; place, cut side down, around edge of hot mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and no longer doughy on bottom.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
"<p>I live in Pa (outside of Philadelphia) and cooking, baking, cross-stitching and reading are my hobbies. <br /> <br />I collect cookbooks and cookie stamps/cutters and have a pretty big collection of both. I am also a fan of all things Amish, so I have quite a collection of things picked up in Reading, Lancaster and surrounding areas here in Pennsylvania. <br /> <br />I have 4 kids, who are the loves of my life and cooking for them and my husband keeps me on my toes! ;) <br /> <br />We bought an ice cream parlor in March 04 and it's been quite an experience! <br /> <br />Note: I love getting feedback on my recipes; all I ask is that you actually *make* them before reviewing them. <br /> <br />Also, if you make changes or substitutions, I'd love to see your suggestions and/or comments, but I'd appreciate no rating at all if it's not made as posted. Too many recipe reviews state margarine subbed for butter (if I list butter, it's REAL butter), different spices, low-fat ingredients, whole wheat flour instead of white, etc. The recipes will not work/taste as intended, so it's really not fair to rate them as such. <br /> <br />I'd also really appreciate it if you refrain from rating a recipe if you overcook or overbake it or it you don't refrigerate or store as listed. <br /> <br />I, of course, will adhere to the above when rating recipes, too! <br /> <br />Thanks and have a great day! <br /> <br />My Rating System: <br /> <br />***** A delicious recipe that was thoroughly enjoyed. It has excellent, detailed directions and is perfect as is. If a dish is especially easy, and I'm on the fence, I will give it 5* for ease even if it's very good instead of great. Something I will definitely make again. <br /> <br />**** Excellent recipe but confusing directions that I will make again in my own less confusing way OR Very good recipe that I'll probably make again if I find the time! <br /> <br />*** Good/OK recipe but probably not something I would make again OR Very Good recipe that doesn't have clear, detailed directions. <br /> <br />** Recipe was edible but not really enjoyed and will not be made again. Work involved not a good trade-off for the end result. <br /> <br />* Not edible and probably an error in the recipe. I feel that I pick recipes with ingredients our family likes, so in my opinion, there's an error somewhere. If there's a chance I made the error, I won't rate the recipe. ;) <br /> <br /><img src=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/lauralie41/swapbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /> <br /><a href=http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/dd235/MidwestMaven/?action=view&current=cookieswapparticip.jpg target=_blank><img src=http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd235/MidwestMaven/cookieswapparticip.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></a> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/honey-pot-print-c10069558.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /> <br /><a href=http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/dd235/MidwestMaven/?action=view&current=09holidayparticipationbanner.jpg target=_blank><img src=http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd235/MidwestMaven/09holidayparticipationbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></a></p>"
Join The Conversation