Recipe by Marla Swoffer
I scoured Recipezaar to find the best ingredients/quantities to make a white chili without red ingredients (no beef, chili powder, tomato products) and came up with a winner. I delivered this to a friend who recently had a baby and her husband declared it one of the best meals he's ever had! My husband also loved it but requested an extra teaspoon of cumin next time--you be the judge.
Top Review by zacharymcneilly
This white chicken chili is delicious and is always a favorite for my girlfriend and I. She doesn't like spicy food at all, so if you are very sensitive to spice you can replace the jalapenos with green bell peppers and the cayenne with a little basil and it is still delicious. This meal is very easy to make and time so we have it very often!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 jalapenos, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 (14 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (or other white beans)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute chicken, onions, garlic, peppers, and seasonings (cumin, oregano, cayenne, salt) in olive oil on medium high for 10 minutes or until cooked.
- Stir in broth and beans, increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered for 30-45 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Serve as is, or top with grated cheese. Goes well with corn muffins.