Prep 10 mins
Cook 26 mins
From BUSH's Beans, haven't tried this yet. Extremely quick
Make and share this White Chicken Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 (15 7/8 ounce) cans great northern beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken breasts
- shredded monterey jack cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- In a large skillet, cook onion in oil for 4 minutes or until transparent. Add chilies, flour and cumin; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add beans and chicken broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken, cook until hot. Garnish with cheese, sour cream and salsa if desired.
This is my daughter's favorite because it's not spicy hot. She LOVES to add that sour cream and Monterey Jack cheese to her bowl and make it all creamy. I like it because it is FAST and the entire family enjoys it. Great for busy nights if you keep the ingredients on hand. Definitely add a couple cloves of garlic when you saute the onions. Make it so much tastier.
I made this last night and it was fantastic! I omitted the green chilis b/c I didn't have them and my BF wouldn't have liked them anyway. I added one clove of garlic, finely minced and served them with cheese quesadillas. YUM! I put the leftovers in the freezer for after the baby comes. 5-20-06 edited to note that this freezes very well.
Made this recipe for 24 guests. Perfect. Blended all flavors-not one flavor "over spiced" another flavor!