Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a creamy bean and vegetable soup from Bon Appetit.
Make and share this White Bean Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups dried navy beans
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup leek, chopped (white and pale green parts only)
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 10 1⁄2-12 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth or 10 1⁄2-12 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Soak beans overnight in a large pot, using enough water to cover the beans by two inches; drain (Or to quicken this step, bring beans to a boil for 2 or 3 minutes and then let sit for 1 hour_
- Heat olive oil in a large, heavy pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, leek, tomato, carrots, celery, garlic and bacon and cook until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Add beans, 10 1/2 cups chicken broth, thyme and rosemary; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, about 1 hour (Beans should be very tender)
- Working in batches, puree soup in blender until smooth; return to pot.
- Add whipping cream.
- Add more chicken broth by 1/4 cupfuls until soup is desired consistency.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.