Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe can be used with barbecued pork, hamburgers, sausages and lamb chops.
- 1 (19 ounce) can white kidney beans, drained
- 1⁄2 red onion
- 3⁄4 cup sliced radish
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 finely chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- red leaf lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped tarragon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley (optional)
- WHITE BEAN SALAD WITH RED ONION AND PARSLEY: In sieve or colander, rinse beans under cold running water; drain.
- Thinly slice onion and separate into rings.
- In salad bowl, combine beans, onion, radishes, garlic, parsley and vinaigrette; toss to mix.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- (Salad can be prepared to this point and refrigerated for up to 1 day.) At serving time, arrange salad on a bed of red lettuce.
- Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- CLASSIC VINAIGRETTE: In bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper to taste; Stir in fresh herbs (if using).
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 weel.
- Makes about 1 cup.
- KEEP THIS DRESSING ON HAND IN THE REFRIGERATOR TO USE ON A VARIETY OF SALADS.
- RECIPE CAN BE DOUBLED.