1/1 Photo of White Bean Fennel Soup
1 hr 5 mins
Anne Sainz's Note:
There are several versions of this recipe on the web. I pulled them together and made some changes so it works better with a Nutritarian eating style.....For each can of low sodium broth, I substitute 2 cups water, 1 tablespoon VegiZest (from drfuhrman.com) and 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, white part only, chopped
- 4 mushrooms, chopped
- 3 (15 ounce) cans low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can low-sodium small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups fresh spinach, chopped or 1 1/2 cups frozen chopped spinach
- 1In a large saucepan (at least 5 quarts), add all ingredients but spinach.
- 2Bring to a boil, stirring frequently to prevent sticking or burning.
- 3Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until fennel is tender, stirring occasionally.
- 4Discard bay leaf.
- 5Add spinach and cook 3-4 min longer or until spinach is wilted.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Bean Fennel Soup
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.1
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 38.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low sodium vegetable broth