Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
low carb recipe for a delicious hearty chicken chili!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large bell pepper
- 1 large onion
- 48 ounces great northern beans (I used a jar of Randel beans)
- 24 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces hot salsa
- 10 ounces diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 25 ounces canned chicken breast meat
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- in a large cooking dish saute the chopped onions and peppers in olive oil. once they are al dente, add the chicken broth, canned chicken, diced tomatoes, salsa and the beans. bring mixture to a slight boil for at least 30 minutes. you can add hot sauce for a spicier dish.
- once chili looks well mixed and cooked, add the shredded cheddar cheese and stir. cook for another 5-10 minutes and let cool before eating -- ENJOY!