3 hrs 30 mins
I always love this in the fall, and I add lots of extra cilantro. Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb chicken breast (boneless, skinless, cubed)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 30 ounces white beans or 30 ounces kidney beans or 30 ounces cannellini beans, rinsed and drained and divided
- 3 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- sour cream
- fresh cilantro
- 1Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- 2In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil for 2 minutes.
- 3Stir in the onion, garlic, and jalapeno and cook 2 minutes longer.
- 4Sprinkle with oregano and cumin and cook 1 minute longer or until chicken is browned and vegetables are tender.
- 5Transfer to a 3 quart slow cooker.
- 6In a small bowl, mash 1 cup of beans.
- 7Add 1/2 cup broth and stir until blended.
- 8Add to the slow cooker with the remaining beans and broth.
- 9Cover and cook on low for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until chicken juices run clear.
- 10Stir before serving.
- 11Sprinkle with cheese.
- 12Garnish with sour cream and cilantro if desired.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Bean Chicken Chili
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 445.7
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 65.9 mg
- Sodium 787.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 32.0 g