Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cannellini beans, or white kidney beans, are smaller than Great Northern beans and add just the right texture. Great for picnics or lazy-day suppers, this salad stirs together in a flash. This a wonderful no cook dinner. Came out of Cooking Light. I always add some extra veggies.
- 2 cups coarsely chopped coarsely chopped skinless boneless rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1⁄3 cup sliced fresh basil
- 2 (16 ounce) cans cannellini beans or 2 (16 ounce) cansother white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- To prepare salad, place first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; stir gently to combine.
- To prepare dressing, combine vinegar and remaining ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle over salad, tossing gently to coat.