Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
You might think I'm terribly quirky, but give this a shot... you won't regret it! I made this today afternoon when I felt like a quick and nutritious afternoon snack. I wanted to try something I'd never tried before, so I put this together, and to be honest, I was almost shocked that it tasted so good! :-)
- 1 cup corn flakes
- 4 -6 teaspoons plain instant malted milk powder (like Horlicks)
- cold water or cold milk
- Mix the corn flakes and malted milk powder well in a cereal bowl, such that the powder covers most of the flakes.
- Some of it might settle at the bottom of the bowl, but don't worry.
- Add enough cold water or milk to cover and mix well; I use about 3/4 cup cold water.
- (Because you use cold water/milk, some of the malted milk powder might form lumps, but that makes it taste even better!) Grab a large spoon and eat immediately!
Anu, I think you are a very special person and not quirky. You are just TOO GREAT(to the power of infinity)!! As soon as I read this recipe, I knew I had to make it rightaway. It happened to be afternoon lunch time and since its Navratri and I'm fasting at night, I like to have something nutritive n healthy for lunch(veg only). I made this using Ovaltine milk powder, 3/4 cup non-fat milk and 1 cup corn flakes. I couldn't believe when I put in the 1st spoon in my mouth- yummy! :-) So simple a recipe and so DIVINE the taste! I've had 1 bowl and I wanted to have another n another n another n go on n on! :-) This recipe is great, really really G-R-E-A-T! Methinks, years later when we have our families and kids, and I ain't in a mood to cook, I'm going to pack my kids off to U! I can guarantee, they'll be having the most nutritive, healthy and yummy food in the world :-)
My kids loved this for their breakfast today. What a great idea. I never would have thought of it! We are using "Wheaties" cereal and 3 tsp. of Carnation Brand chocolate malted mix mixed with milk (up to half a bowl). I added the powdered mix and then the milk and mixed and then added the cereal and mixed it up! Thanks for a new breakfast idea!