Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great egg salad
Make and share this Weight Watcher's Egg Salad Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large egg whites, hard-boiled and chopped
- 2 large egg yolks, hard-boiled and chopped
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons parsley or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red onions, chopped
- 4 slices pumpernickel bread
- 4 pieces lettuce
- In a bowl, combine egg whites and yolks, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, parsley, mustard and onion.
- Divide salad between 2 slices of bread, top each with two lettuce leaves and cover each with second slice of bread.
I won't rate the recipe as I had changed the ingredients. I used 3 whole eggs, 2 T mayonnaise, 1/2 a small Maui onion (2T), a sprinkle of dried dill and Oatbran bread; the rest being the same. There was plenty of egg mixture to go on each sandwich. Both ways equalled 7 points on Weight Watchers. Thanks for the posting
Yummy egg salad sandwich...I used a sweet onion and multigrain bread...otherwise made as posted...the dressing was just the right amount...I'm math challenged so it took me a moment to figure out I didn't need 6 eggs but 4...duh...anyway next time I think I will replace the parsley for cilantro...I'm not a huge fan of the taste of parsley...but it does make a great garnish...thanks for posting the recipe...made for Spring 2014 PAC...=)
So, so, so yummy. I cut the recipe in half and it was perfect for one sandwich. I followed the recipe exactly, except I didn't have red onion since I didn't have any on hand. Very flavorful!