1/7 Photos of Waynimoto's California Sushi Rolls
1 hr 40 mins
My husband Wayne is the sushi maker in this household. I have nicknamed him Waynimoto after Iron Chef Morimoto because we like to watch Iron Chef together and Chef Morimoto is known for his sushi making skills. Here is my husband's favorite recipe for sushi. It is quite tasty ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse rice well at least a half dozen times.
- 2I use a rice cooker for cooking the sushi rice. Add rice to rice cooker and fill the rice cooker to the 2 cup mark with cold water, and cook until done. If you do not have a rice cooker, cook as per directions on rice bag.
- 3Meanwhile, Mix rice wine vinegar, sugar and salt, together in bowl and microwave until sugar and salt are dissolved.
- 4When rice is cooked, place in Oke or large glass bowl. Mix lightly with rice wine vinegar mixture.
- 5Fan rice until completely cooled, I put mine under a ceiling fan to cool.
- 6Wrap bamboo rolling mat with plastic wrap.
- 7Sprinkle sesame seeds and poppy seeds over plastic wrap.
- 8Spread rice over plastic wrap, place nori sheet on top of rice.
- 9Lay smoked salmon on top of nori, add shrimp, avocado, cucumber, carrots and proceed with rolling.
- 10Slice the rolls into ½ inch pieces.
- 11Serve with soy sauce, ginger and wasabi.
Browse Our Top For Large Groups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All For Large Groups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Waynimoto's California Sushi Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 40
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 34.6
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 87.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
seasoned rice wine vinegar