Recipe by Kumquat the Cat's friend
What's the watermelon doing in this recipe? That's what I asked myself too, but it's an awfully good combination! I've made this several times, and it's based off of a recipe I cut out of the NY Times a while ago. Really nice for a spring or summer side dish.
Top Review by MsFergi
I made this exactly as posted and unless the cilantro rather than parsley makes a HUGE difference this was NOT GOOD. At best it's ok. Tomato and watermelon just don't go together.
- 2 1⁄2 cups seedless watermelon, cut in 1 inch cubes or balls (reserve juice)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cherry tomatoes or 1 1⁄2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup goat cheese or 1⁄2 cup Stilton cheese or 1⁄2 cup gorgonzola or 1⁄2 cup Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro or 1⁄2 cup parsley, roughly chopped