Cherry Tomato and Cheese Salad
Use up those garden cherry tomatoes! This is best eaten within 24 hours of making. Measure the cherry tomatoes after cutting in in half. You can always use the full-fat variety of sour cream and mayo if you don't mind the extra fat.
- Ready In:
- 4 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion, scallions work well too
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into cubes
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder, not fresh garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- salt, to taste
- Place cut cherry tomatoes, onions (or scallions), and cubed cheese in a large bowl.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together the sour cream, mayo, vinegar, sugar, tarragon, garlic powder, pepper and salt; blend well.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and gently toss to coat.
- Serve chilled.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I would give this more than 5 stars if possible, it's so good. Tomatoes are at a premium right now, but this was well worth it. I did use regular sour cream and mayo, that was what I had on hand. Flavors blended great. I had a family dinner and served with my family recipe of spaghetti Recipe #174527 and beans Recipe #218315, everyone loved the salad.Reply
see 9 more