Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great summer appetizer. I found this recipe in a local paper a few years ago.
- 2 cups chopped seeded watermelon
- 3⁄4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3⁄4 cup rinsed and drained black beans
- 1⁄4 cup chopped and seeded jalapeno
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- stir together all ingredients in bowl.
- Refrigerate covered 1-2 hours to blend flavors.
- Stir and serve w/tostito chips.
Intriguing combination. Not liked unanimously by my family, but an interesting change from the usual. Thanks.