Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
From the June/July 2004 Taste of Home. Haven't tried but looks great over chicken or fish- a really light meal!
- 4 cups watermelon, chopped and seeded
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
- 2 teaspoons jalapenos, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate at least one hour before serving. Serve with a slotted spoon.
I added a whole red onion, lots more cilantro, and a pinch of brown sugar. Nom Nom Nom... tasty with tortilla chips.
This was awesome! It was just like pico de gallo but with watermelon instead of tomatoes!! We had this on grilled chicken and we will be having it again!! Thanks taraph75 for the great recipe!!