photo by Jubes
- Ready In:
- Sauté all the vegetables in olive oil in a frypan over moderate heat, for 3-5 minutes or until softened.
- Place contents of frypan in a large bowl.
- Toss flour through vegetables.
- Line lamington tray or shallow baking dish with baking paper.
- Place mixture into tray.
- Stir the lightly beaten eggs through the mixture and spread out evenly.
- Bake in moderate oven for 30 minutes or until set.
- Loosen edges with knife. Cut into 20 squares.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Reviewed for PAC October 2011- this is a great vegetarian slice. I doubled the recipe and used a 9 x 13 inch pyrex baking dish. Baked for 30 minutes at 180C in a fan-forced oven. Unlike other vegetable slices I have made, this slice does not have extra oil added with the eggs and no cheese (and I din't miss the cheese as the pumpkin gave an added creaminess to the slice). As I am gluten-free, I used 1/2 cup Orgran blended self-raising flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder and 1/2 cup sorghum flour- turned out perfectly. I sliced into 20 slices which all held their shape. This slice would be a great addition to a lunchbox and would be nice cold too. I could also see it as a brunch recipe- great as could be cooked the day before. I think the slice needs to have some salt and pepper added for seasoning or an alternative would be to use some fresh or dried herbs of your choice. Photo to be posted.