Toasted Garlic Rice with Herbs and Lime
This is a recipe I have not tried, but looks good enough to serve to company! From Bon Appetit
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked long-grain white rice
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 12 cloves garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lime zest
- Place rice in strainer.
- Rinse under cold water until water runs clear.
- Drain well.
- Bring broth and lime juice to simmer in medium saucepan.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic; sauté until golden and sticky, about 1 minute.
- Add rice; stir 2 minutes.
- Add hot broth mixture and 3/4 teaspoon salt and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cover.
- Cook until rice is tender, about 25 minutes.
- Turn off heat; let stand, covered, 10 minutes.
- Add herbs and lime peel to rice; fluff with fork.
- Season with additional salt, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet! I have made this a a couple times. I made two double batches both times for a big crowd. I love the flavor. I always do a bit less garlic and a lot more lime juice. We use this for our cafe rio copycat salads. The recipe is a bit time consuming with all the fresh herbs to cut, but it sure tastes great. Thanks for a tasty recipe.