Recipe by SilverOpera
A sweet and savory watermelon salad with herbs, onions, olives, and feta - a lovely light side dish for the summertime.
- 1 small seedless watermelon
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olive
- 1⁄2 red onion
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup mint
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the rind off the watermelon and chop it into cubes of whatever size you like. If there's too much, save some watermelon for later.
- Thinly slice the red onion and add it to a bowl with the watermelon.
- Add the olives, roughly chopped.
- Chop and add the cilantro and the mint.
- Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice over the salad. These amounts are approximate - do it to taste. Season with salt and pepper and toss well.
- Just before serving, add the crumbled feta cheese.