Recipe by Kit^..^ty Of Canada
This a sweet spread with a bit of a crunch. Try it with peanut butter on a English Muffin or bagel. I made 4 jars & gave 2 away. As my family will only finish 2 jars in 3 weeks. Recipe source Bernardine, a manufacturer of canning equipment.
- 750 ml granulated sugar
- 375 ml finely chopped seeded watermelon (do not puree)
- 60 ml lemon juice
- 1 (45 g) packet powdered fruit pectin
- 175 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, stir together sugar, watermelon and lemon juice.
- Set aside for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In small saucepan, blend fruit pectin and water.
- Bring mixture to boil over high heat; boil, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Stir pectin mixture into watermelon mixture.
- Stir constantly until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes.
- Quickly pour into jars and cover.
- Let stand at room temperature 24 hours to set.
- Store jam in refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.