Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This sounds so amazing. Simple. Different. Summer fun! Could be served as an appetizer, side dish OR dessert. Adapted from "The Great Curries of India" by Camellia Panjabi.
- Cut up the watermelon, remove the rind and seeds and chop the flesh into 1-inch cubes (You'll need about 10 cups.) Purée 1 cup of flesh to make juice.
- Add the paprika, ground red pepper, turmeric, coriander, garlic and salt to taste.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over high heat and fry the cumin seeds 20 seconds.
- Immediately add the juice.
- Lower the heat and simmer until the liquid is reduced by one-third, about 5 minutes.
- Add the lime juice and sugar to taste.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Add the watermelon pieces and cook over low heat 3 to 4 minutes, tossing to coat until heated through.