Recipe by Abby Girl
This is a nice refreshing salad, ideal for the hot summer months. I have tried many watermelon salads, but I always seem to head back to this one. The flavours are quite unique.
- 2 large English cucumbers
- 4 cups seedless watermelon
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint
- 1⁄2 cup dry roasted peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut cucumber into 1/2" pieces. Cut the watermelon in chunks or use a melon ball utensil and make rounds. Chop cilantro and mint, set aside.
- Important step: Combine watermelon and cucumbers in medium bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 15 minutes and up to 4 hours. Drain; discard liquid.
- Whisk lime juice and hoisin sauce in a small bowl to blend. Pour dressing over watermelon cucumber mixture and toss gently. Season salad to taste with pepper. Sprinkle salad with cilantro, mint and peanuts.
- Adjust the seasoning if necessary.