These are amazing. My husband couldn't believe I made them the first time we ate these. These are truly restaurant quality and so easy too! This recipe was given to me by an online friend.
- 1 (14 ounce) can salmon (boneless or skinless)
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise (I like Hellmann's Just 2 Good)
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons wasabi (!!)
- 1 teaspoon tamari or 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- extra breadcrumbs
- cooking spray
- Mush the top ingredients together in a big bowl; Adding extra breadcrumbs till the texture is workable.
- Roll into balls and flatten into patties.
- Press the patties into the extra breadcrumbs.
- Spray tops with Pam, flip and spray bottoms.
- Cook in large skillet over medium-high heat until nice and brown and firm to the touch.
- You can use the same technique with Tuna.
- I like that to have an italian flavor, so I take out the wasabi and soy and add basil and oregano and shredded mozzarella.
- They are great with pasta sauce.