1/1 Photo of Warm Spinach Salad
This came from a 1997 issue of First magazine and is my favorite way to prepare spinach salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 10 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced (about 4 cups)
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vinegar, preferably white wine
- 1In medium skillet, heat 2 tbsp oil.
- 2Add garlic and cook until it begins to brown.
- 3Add mushrooms and continue cooking until mushrooms are lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- 4Transfer to serving bowl: add spinach and onion.
- 5In same skillet heat remaining oil.
- 6Add basil, sugar, mustard powder, salt& pepper.
- 7Cook, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- 8Add vinegar, bring to a boil.
- 9Pour dressing over spinach and mushroom mixture.
- 10Toss to coat.
- 11Sometimes I'll toss a handful of bacon bits on top for a little different taste.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Spinach Salad
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.2
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 358.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 5.2 g