Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
From Chef Sanjeev Kapoor!
Top Review by Lisa Nyden
I'm not sure that I made it right, but I was expecting something a little more sweet and tangy, and what I got was sour and salty (but not over salted) I like garlic so I might have gone a little heavy with that. I think the main reason that I'm only giving 3 stars though is because I didn't care for tempurature. My vegies were still crunchy enough but I'd rather have cooled it in the fridge for several hours. Maybe tomorrow it will taste better after having sat in the fridge all night. We'll see.
- 1 medium red cabbage, washed and finely shredded
- 1 medium onion, peeled, washed and thinly sliced
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 large apple, washed and thinly sliced
- 10 -12 raisins, washed and patted dry
- 6 -7 black peppercorns, crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in a pan on medium flame.
- Add onion and saute for 1 minute.
- Add red cabbage and salt.
- Mix well.
- Add garlic, mix well and add apple slices.
- Saute for a minute.
- Sprinkle sugar and raisins.
- When apples soften, add red vinegar or lemon juice.
- Add freshly crushed pepper and mix well.
- Serve hot and crunchy!