Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe from "The Good Egg" by Marie Simmons. She also offers a version with bacon, but I think this is really good without it. I'd guess this doesn't keep too well...I couldn't say for sure, though, because we finished it off pretty fast.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs waxy potatoes
- 4 cups packed rinsed, and trimmed spinach leaves (or just use baby spinach)
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 1 red onion, cut in slivers
- 10 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 7 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan and boil, covered, until tender (approx. 25 minutes). Drain and let cool.Peel the potatoes and cut in 1/2-inch pieces.
- Add potatoes, spinach, eggs, and onion to a serving bowl.
- Add the oil, vinegar, mustard, and 1 tsp salt to a skillet and cook over low heat, whisking, until very hot.
- Pour the hot dressing over the salad and toss to blend. Salt and pepper to taste.
We made this tonight and would add some turkey bacon the next time but otherwise it was very good. Be sure and get the dressing very hot like the recipe says otherwise the spinach will not wilt.
This was really tasty! I made it just as written, except I only used 4 eggs and it seemed like plenty. I briefly contemplated adding some type of sweetener to the very tart dressing, but I went with it as is and it was just right. I think I might try it with bacon some time. Thanks!