Recipe by Mimi in Maine
This is a traditionl Maine dip. It is served warm with crackers or whatever you like. This is something you can make in the morning and refrigerate it till you are ready to serve it. Very good.
Top Review by Samantha M.
This recipe is a fantastic base for an even better recipe. You can for sure use imitation lobster, or crab for the matter, and it still comes out wonderful. Make sure you use all of the things they tell you to use in the recipe, but also consider adding in some fresh cut veggies (I used zucchini, red onion, red pepper, yellow pepper, green pepper) very tiny diced in order to fit in the consistency of the dip but still add flavor. I also added old bay seasoning and it packed a lovely punch. I covered it in white cheddar and even put a bit of white cheddar throughout, (DONT USE THE CHEAP STUFF!) other than that this dip is fantastic. highly recommend,
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 2 cups cooked maine lobster meat
- 2 tablespoons freshly minced onions
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- hot pepper sauce (to taste (optional)
- 2 teaspoons milk (if needed to thin)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften cream cheese.
- Cut lobster meat into bite-sized pieces.
- Stir everything else together, adjusting the consistency with milk, as desired.
- Place into an oven-proof dish and refrigerate for several hours.
- Bake uncovered in a 375 degree oven for 25 minutes till bubbly.