Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I've just picked this recipe card up in my local supermarket. Haven't tried it yet but it sounds yummy! I don't like chicory so will have to find a substitute.
- 3 ripe peaches, halved and stoned
- 250 g halloumi cheese
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 red chicory or 3 white chicory, quartered lengthways
- 6 green onions, trimmed and cut diagonally into 2 cm lengths
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1 cherry bomb chili peppers, deseeded and finely chopped or 1 standard red chile
- 1 (20 g) package fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 5 tablespoons japanese rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- Make the chilli dressing by mixing the chilli, coriander, rice vinegar and honey in a small jug.
- Cut each peach half into 5 wedges.
- Pat the cheese dry on kitchen paper and cut into thin slices using a small sharp knife.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large frying pan or wok and fry the cheese for 30 seconds on each side until lightly coloured; Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the chicory and salad onions and fry quickly over a high heat, stirring for 1-2 minutes, until beginning to colour; Spoon onto some kitchen paper and keep warm; Heat the remaining oil in the pan, add the peach wedges, then fry for 1 minute on each side until slightly softened.
- Toss all the ingredients together in a warm salad bowl; Pour the chilli dressing over and serve with a seeded bread.
Lovely, different salad. Love the halloumi, peaches and the dressing. The chicory is nice as well, in moderation, but there was far too much of it here. I only would use 1 chicory for 4 diners and also just 2 peaches.
I love these kinds of salads when I'm on my own for dinner -- so quick and easy to prepare yet so tasty. I did this as a main dinner salad, so I prepared half the dish for 1 person, me! The honey really made the dressing and the peaches were a touch I wouldn't have thought of. Next time I'd double the dressing because it was so good. In fact, I might even use it in other Asian-style dishes. Thanks for a simple but delectable supper!