Recipe by HappyBunny
I've just picked this recipe card up in my local supermarket. Haven't tried it yet but it sounds yummy! I don't like chicory so will have to find a substitute.
Top Review by rosslare
Lovely, different salad. Love the halloumi, peaches and the dressing. The chicory is nice as well, in moderation, but there was far too much of it here. I only would use 1 chicory for 4 diners and also just 2 peaches.
- 3 ripe peaches, halved and stoned
- 250 g halloumi cheese
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 red chicory or 3 white chicory, quartered lengthways
- 6 green onions, trimmed and cut diagonally into 2 cm lengths
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1 cherry bomb chili peppers, deseeded and finely chopped or 1 standard red chile
- 1 (20 g) package fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 5 tablespoons japanese rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the chilli dressing by mixing the chilli, coriander, rice vinegar and honey in a small jug.
- Cut each peach half into 5 wedges.
- Pat the cheese dry on kitchen paper and cut into thin slices using a small sharp knife.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large frying pan or wok and fry the cheese for 30 seconds on each side until lightly coloured; Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the chicory and salad onions and fry quickly over a high heat, stirring for 1-2 minutes, until beginning to colour; Spoon onto some kitchen paper and keep warm; Heat the remaining oil in the pan, add the peach wedges, then fry for 1 minute on each side until slightly softened.
- Toss all the ingredients together in a warm salad bowl; Pour the chilli dressing over and serve with a seeded bread.