Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 mins
Drizzle this sauce over steak or with your next prime rib dinner, you will think your dining in heaven, I have even served this with roast pork --- this sauce is at it's best served warm so prepare just before eating.
- 14.79 ml butter
- 14.79 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml whipping cream
- 59.14 ml dry white wine
- 59.14 ml chicken broth
- 236.59 ml crumbled gorgonzola (4 ounces)
- In a small heavy saucepan melt butter.
- Add in flour and whisk 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in cream, wine and chicken broth; boil until the mixture is thick enough to coat the spoon (about 1 minute).
- Add in crumbled Gorgonzola and stir/whisk until the cheese is melted and smooth and the sauce is reduced to desired consistency (about 5-6 minutes).
This sauce is so absolutely awesome it's decadent! I'd been wanting to try it for a couple weeks and finally, after eating turkey for days, decided we deserved a steak. Served it over grilled filet mignon, very lightly seasoned with S & P and ended up topping our baked potatoes with it! DH really tried to lick the bowl clean! No time for a pic, but will get one next time! Thanks so much, Kittencal!
I made this last week and just came back to get the recipe for tonights meal. My husband and I both loved this sauce. We served it with thinly sliced flank steak and pasta with spinach. I could not get enough. Needless to say I gorged myself LOL
Easy, so Fast, and would be delish on anything. I served over fresh spinach tortellini and sliced grilled steak. With no real spices, I was a little doubtful, but the wine and broth are all the cheese needs for rich, full flavor. I used half and half with extra flour for thickening. My husband adored it, and I was licking the sides of the pot. So YUM!