Recipe by thestickyskunk
People kept asking me for this recipe, and their friends kept asking them for the recipe after they made it for them, so I figured it was a good one to put on here! There are many, many different ways to make this more healthy, let me know how you do it! I usually get the low sodium soups, use smart balance mayo, 2% cheddar cheese, whole wheat bread on top, and smart balance butter. Every little bit helps! I haven't ever measured this, so don't be afraid to add more or less of anything at your discretion! Especially with the curry, some nights I get sassy and decide to put tons of curry in it. Oh! and one last thing- it tastes EXCELLENT the next day, and serving it over rice is tasty and makes it last longer!
Top Review by NorthwestGal
This was so delicious and tasty enough to please even my pickiest eaters. The curry added such a nice quality that made this casserole so much tastier than other similar casserole recipes. This is a new favorite that I know I'll make often. Thank you for sharing your recipe, thestickyskunk. Made for Spring 2013 Pick-A-Chef.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste (or to taste)
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh broccoli
- 1 (8 ounce) bagof shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 slices bread, crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter (you may need more to thoroughly soak the bread crumbs)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine soups, mayo, lime juice, and red curry first, then add the chicken and broccoli.
- Pour mixture evenly into a 9x13-inch glass pan, top with entire bag of cheese and bread crumbs soaked in the melted butter.
- Bake for one hour in the oven at 350°F YUM!