Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
People kept asking me for this recipe, and their friends kept asking them for the recipe after they made it for them, so I figured it was a good one to put on here! There are many, many different ways to make this more healthy, let me know how you do it! I usually get the low sodium soups, use smart balance mayo, 2% cheddar cheese, whole wheat bread on top, and smart balance butter. Every little bit helps! I haven't ever measured this, so don't be afraid to add more or less of anything at your discretion! Especially with the curry, some nights I get sassy and decide to put tons of curry in it. Oh! and one last thing- it tastes EXCELLENT the next day, and serving it over rice is tasty and makes it last longer!
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste (or to taste)
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh broccoli
- 1 (8 ounce) bagof shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 slices bread, crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter (you may need more to thoroughly soak the bread crumbs)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine soups, mayo, lime juice, and red curry first, then add the chicken and broccoli.
- Pour mixture evenly into a 9x13-inch glass pan, top with entire bag of cheese and bread crumbs soaked in the melted butter.
- Bake for one hour in the oven at 350°F YUM!
This was so delicious and tasty enough to please even my pickiest eaters. The curry added such a nice quality that made this casserole so much tastier than other similar casserole recipes. This is a new favorite that I know I'll make often. Thank you for sharing your recipe, thestickyskunk. Made for Spring 2013 Pick-A-Chef.
Good and gooey! This is better than your typical cream of soup dish. There was not any distinctive seasoning you could taste. I could not taste the lime or the red curry paste. IMO, it needs a little bit more seasoning. My DH said not to change a thing. I used cornflakes instead of breadcrumbs. I also cut the chicken in chunks and cooked at 375 for 45 minutes to an hour.