Wonderbread Chicken Casserole
- Ready In:
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups of shredded cooked chicken (you can use a rotisserie chicken or chicken in the can to save time)
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh dill (or 1/2 tsp dry dill)
- 1 cup of chopped green olives
- 1 loaf of your favorite white bread (all the crusts removed)
- 1 (18 ounce) jar mayonnaise
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Make your gravy by combining milk, flour, chicken stock and pepper and simmering on stovetop until thick and bubbly.
- In a pan on the stovetop, fry the onions & tomatoes in a drop or two of oil and lightly simmer for about 7 or 8 minutes.
- Add the cumin, black pepper, and cinnamon, as well as the chicken and chopped olives and the dill to the stovetop mixture.
- Set mixture aside to cool slightly.
- Remove the crusts from the entire loaf of white bread.
- Spread each piece with mayonnaise,liberally.
- Lay the first layer of bread face down (so mayo is touching glass) in a glass baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Spread mayonaise on top of that first layer of bread and spread chicken mixture ontop of that.
- Put another layer of bread, mayo face down on the chicken mixture.
- Spread mayonnaise on top of that layer of bread.
- Pour the flour gravy over top and spread out to evenly cover the entire casserole.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the casserole is browned and bubbly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!