Toffee Dip with Apples
photo by May I Have That Rec
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup toffee pieces (such as Skor)
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 6 Red Delicious apples, each cored and cut into 8 wedges
- 6 granny smith apples, each cored and cut into 8 wedges
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl; beat at medium speed of a mixer until smooth.
- Add toffee bits and mix well.
- Cover and chill.
- Combine juice and apples in a bowl; toss well.
- Drain apples; serve with dip.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
A hit at church coffee hour! The base is creamy and has such beautiful caramel color from the brown sugar that the dip would be good just like that... but adding the toffee bits(I used Heath bar bits) throws this one right over the top! This sweet, creamy dip with crunchy toffee and smooth chocolate bits is simply fabulous with crisp, tart and juicy apple slices... and on pretzel rods... and as icing on cake.... and on fingers... (we really liked this!)
This Recipe is a keeper!! In keeping with her wedding colors, I was searching for some "red" foods to serve at my cousin's bridal shower. I served this with sliced Red Delicious apples and everyone gobbled up the dip and was asking for the recipe! I did end up using my blender to get out the cream cheese lumps--I guess the cream cheese was still too firm when I tired to mix it in. I will try it with Granny Smith apples next time as they are my favorite! Thanks!
Yummy! This dip is sooo good and was a huge hit at my holiday party. It is quite sweet and we found that the tartness of the Granny Smith apples complimented the dip the best. We really loved the added crunch of the toffee bits. I used neufchatel cheese instead of the cream cheese and Heath toffee bits. This goes together so quickly and easily and I already have requests to make this again. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe...it is definitely a keeper!!<br/>*Made for P-A-R-T-Y tag game*