Recipe by Vicki in CT
From Southern Living. Haven't tried this yet but sounded good so posting for safekeeping. Let me know what you think.
Top Review by HeartInSF
mmmmm. i've always wanted to make my own warm goat cheese salad. this recipe is SO EASY and it came out delicious and elegant. the dressing is simple and yet complements the cheese so well in this dish. we served it over fresh baby arugula and have had it as our 1st course for several meals. i haven't tried it with olives yet... but it's great, yummy, and quick for entertaining! thank you for the recipe.
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 12 ounces goat cheese (three logs)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces mixed baby greens
- 12 kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dressing ingredients and whisk well.
- Combine bread crumbs, parmesan, and sesame seeds.
- Cut each log of goat cheese into four slices. Dip each in egg and dredge in bread crumb mixture. Cover and chill two hours.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium high heat. Fry goat cheese in two batches for 1-2 minutes per side or until browned. Drain on paper towels.
- Toss salad with dressing. Top with olives and warm goat cheese.