This recipe is from the Williams-Sonoma FRUIT DESSERT cookbook, a copy of which my gracious partner in the current Cookbook Swap sent to me! It is ALWAYS best to use fruits when they are in season, but if making this recipe when they are not, frozen berries COULD be used!
- In a large, nonreactive saute pan over medium heat, combine 1/4 cup water & 1/2 cup sugar & bring to boil, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Cook 2 minutes, then add berries, lemon juice & salt.
- Return to boil, then add butter & swirl mixture around in the pan until butter melts.
- Spoon berries along with the sauce onto warmed dessert placts &, if desired, place a small scoop of vanilla ice cream (or yogurt) in center of each plate.
- Serve immediately & enjoy!