Flourless Pancakes With Berry Compote
photo by Mary Jenny
- Ready In:
- In a small blender, puree banana and eggs until smooth. Heat medium sized non-stick pan over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes or until hot. Add ½ of your butter/coconut oil to the pan and let sit for 30 seconds to heat up.
- Pour in batter slowly and make 4-6 small pancakes per pan. They should be the size of a soup can. Once browned on both sides, transfer to a plate.
- In a small pot, add berries, water and chia seeds. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes until berries have broken down and the sauce has thickened.
- Spoon over pancakes and serve.
- Tip: Make the compote ahead of time to save time. It will last for 2-3 days in the refrigerator. • As there is no flour in the batter, it is slightly more fragile than traditional pancake batter.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!