Recipe by Manami
This is so good, it is delicious! Found this on the Godiva site but have made some changes, so as to make easier.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
HOT CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- 3 ounces godiva dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2⁄3 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced diagonally, 1/2-inch thick
- vanilla ice cream
- toasted and chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease 6-4 oz ramekins with butter and dust with flour.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together and set aside.
- Mix vegetable oil and sugar in mixing bowl, using electric mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- Beat in eggs and mashed bananas, using low speed.
- While continuing to beat at low speed, add sifted dry ingredients, slowly.
- Continue beating until mixture is thoroughly blended.
- Divide batter among prepared ramekins.
- Arrange ramekins on baking sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes until cakes are firm to touch and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Place on wire rack and cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Cakes should be served warm.
- MAKE THE SAUCE:.
- Place chocolate in bowl.
- Heat milk and cream in saucepan to simmer over medium heat.
- Pour over chocolate and let stand to soften chocolate.
- Whisk until blended.
- Whisk in vanilla extract.
- Set aside keeping sauce warm.
- MAKE CARAMELIZED BANANAS:.
- Place butter and sugar in skillet over high heat.
- Cook until sugar turns amber and caramelizes.
- Add sliced banana and continue cooking until completely coated.
- Remove from heat immediately.
- Remove cakes from ramekins and place onto individual plates.
- Pour hot chocolate sauce around cake, place scoop of vanilla ice cream onto plate.
- Arrange 3 of caramelized bananas around cake cake and garnish with walnuts.
- Serve immediately.