- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (14 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, diced
- 4 diced chicken breasts or 3⁄4 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (20 count) package corn tortillas (at least 20)
- Velveeta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté all ingredients, except tortillas and cheese, over medium heat.
- Cut the tortillas into ½-inch by 2-inch portions.
- Spray an 11-inch by 7-inch heatproof casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Layer the tortillas to cover the bottom and then add half of the sautéed ingredients.
- Repeat tortilla layer; add balance of ingredients.
- Cover with ¼ inch of cheese.
- Bake at 250°F for 30 minutes.