Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A recipe from the incomparable Michael Ruhlman, from "Ratio". This recipe goes beyond simply using nut oil; you can blend the mixture so the nuts are totally pureed, or leave them chopped and slightly chunky if you prefer. Other nuts and nut oils can be used. This dressing is best on a salad with sharp, even acidic ingredients, like apples (or other fruit), endive, radicchio, or watercress.
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces canola oil (or other neutral oil)
- 3 ounces walnut oil
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- Chunky: Combine the vinegar and salt in a small bowl and whisk in the oils, then the nuts.
- Smooth: Combine the vinegar, salt, and nuts in a blender jar. Add the oils in a thin stream while the blender is running.