Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have had this recipe for many many years. I believe it originally came from a Karo syrup bottle. I make this every year for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner. Pecan pie and walnut pie are my favorite pies. The walnut pie has a toasted nut flavor.
- 3 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light corn syrup or 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 1 1⁄2 cups english walnuts (large pieces)
- Mix together eggs, sugar, flour, corn syrup, butter and vanilla, mixing well.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Sprinkle walnuts all over top, arranging them where needed.
- Bake in preheated 400°F oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350°F and bake for 35 to 45 more minutes, or until center is set.
- Cool before serving.
This pie is FANTASTIC!!!!!! I was very surprised at the taste. By chance, I have a walnut tree in my backyard (don't have to buy them) lol. I can't keep my mother in law away from it. I did a few things different, I mixed all the wet together then combined them with the dry. I also put the walnuts in the mixture and poured it in a pie shell. The walnuts come to the top and it gives them a good coating while baking.
What a terrific pie! Pecan pie used to be my favorite but I just so happened to have a 1lb bag of walnuts so I decided to go for it. This pie is to die for. Wow.
This is my wife's favorite pie.