Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Packed with omega-3 fatty acids, walnuts add richness to this light breading. The coating keeps the chicken moist. A seasonal green salad goes well with this. Recipe is from Martha Stewart.
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, dried
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 large egg white
- 4 (6 -8 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil or 1 tablespoon canola oil
- lemon slice, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a food processor, combine bread, walnuts, and Parmesan; season with salt and pepper.
- Process until fine bread crumbs form.
- Transfer to a shallow bowl.
- In another shallow bowl, beat egg white, letting excess drip off, and then into crumb mixture, pressing to adhere.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Dip each breast into egg white, letting excess drip off, and then into crumb mixture, pressing to adhere.
- In large nonstick ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook until lightly browned, 1-3 minutes.
- Carefully turn chicken over and put skillet in oven.
- Bake until chicken is golden brown and cooked through, 8-12 minutes.
- Serve chicken with lemon slices and a salad.
This chicken was moist and easy to make. I didn't dry out my bread but it still worked. I also transfered mine to a cookie sheet and it took about 15 minutes in the oven. Will definetaly be making again.
I was doing this recipe and saw that I didn't have walnuts. So I used pecans instead. I used white bread. I ended the cooking in the bbq on the pan. Cause it was too hot to cook in the oven. Thanks Lainey. Made for Gimme 5 tag game
The whole wheat bread AND the nuts really did a nice number on the chicken ~ OUTSTANDING ~ & now I'm looking forward to serving this for company! Loved the ease of preparation, too! Thanks for sharing the recipe ~ It's certainly a keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hit Wonders tag]