Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Simple and delicious! You can't go wrong with this wonderful, tasty treat!
- 5 cups thinly sliced tart apples
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Toss apples with lemon juice and water in shallow 2-quart baking dish.
- In large bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, nutmeg and salt. Mix to blend.
- With pastry blender cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Mix in walnuts.
- Crumble over apples to cover completely. Do not pack down.
- Bake in 350 oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- See http://chrisgreytak.com/walnut_apple_crisp.htm for more recipes like this.