Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
An egg and butter free chocolate cake that won't make you miss either ingredient. The cake is very moist and chocolaty and is topped with powdered sugar instead of icing (trust me, you won't miss the icing).
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 8" square baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- Pour in wet ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Pour mix into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let stand until completely cooled.
- Sift powdered sugar over the top, serve in squares.