5-Minute Wacky Vegan Microwave Chocolate Cake for One
photo by limeandspoontt
- Ready In:
1 coffee cup full of cake
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Stir together all the dry ingredients in a large coffee cup.
- Add wet ingredients and mix well with a fork.
- Microwave on 50% power for 3 minutes. (I think most microwaves are 1500 watts, so that's about the same as 750 watts for three minutes.) I always have my cup on the rotating plate. ENJOY!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a great mug cake recipe: It bakes up nice and fluffy with a fudgey part, too. I like the vinegar method, I think it really helps the cake to bake up this nicely. I used half whole spelt flour in this and reduced the sugar to 1/8 cup, but next time I might add in 1-2 tbs of bittersweet choc chips to compensate for that. I somehow like that taste better than just cocoa and sugar in a chocolate cake.<br/>I only needed 1/2 ts of oil for my cake.<br/>THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this keeper, WICC! Ill surely make it often again (probably too often ;) ).<br/>Made and reviewed for our VIP during Veggie Swap #47 June 2012.
see 31 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a recipe junkie and collect way too many cookbooks. But when it's time to actually make something, I quickly turn to the internet... I started avoiding meat more than 20 years ago for environmental reasons. (It takes so many resources and the pollution risks of confinement operations are huge.) I've been vegan for years now and can report that the health benefits are also real. I really don't understand why people insist on eating meat