Recipe by Boomette
From Food Network Canada, License to Grill
Top Review by DeeVaFoodie
Kick BUTT Boomette! This recipe is fantastic! We made the marinade and shrimp as is, and halved the dipping sauce recipe. We have lots of dipping sauce left over, but no volcanic shrimp! I can't tell you how much we loved these. They are seriously spicy and just downright awesome. New recipe find, LOVE IT! Made for Pick-A-Chef Fall 2011.
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 lemons, juice of
- 3 lemons, zest of
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper flakes
- ground pepper
Spicy dipping sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup horseradish
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 3 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 32 jumbo shrimp, tiger, cleaned and de-veined with tail on
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine and mix all dipping sauce ingredients in a bowl and place in the fridge.
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl. Place prawns in large sealable bag and pour marinade over. Marinate in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Remove shrimp form marinade and sprinkle with salt, pepper and olive oil. Let shrimp come to room temperature.
- Preheat grill to 450ºF.
- Place shrimp on grill and cook 2 minutes per side, until pink and firm.
- Remove from grill and serve with dipping sauce.